Algolia for Back-end search

I am trying to use algolia on a wordpress + woocommerce site.
It works fine with the front-end search. But in the back-end, is there a way to use it for the backend search. For example, I click “Add new order” and there is a search box to add items or users. It is a native woocommerce feature and Algolia is not implemented to the searchbox so it is very slow to use. Is there a way that I can replace the item search or user search with Algolia search service?

1 Like

Hi @davidjhk,

Thanks for having taken the time to post your question here :thumbsup:.
As of today, this is not supported and not easily achievable with the current plugins we have.

That being said, we had a lot of feedback recently about users willing to speed up their WordPress/WooCommerce admin interfaces.

Do you mind sharing a bit of context about your project?

• Number of products
  • Number of customers

Also, ideally, on what fields of the products and the customers would you like to search?
Customer:

• Firstname / Lastname
  • email

product

• name
  • sku

Great to hear that

• Number of products : 8500
  • Number of customers : 12000

The fields I need to search is exactly what you wrote:

Customer:

• Firstname / Lastname
  • email

product

• name
  • sku

Thanks for sharing those metrics.

I will investigate the WooCommerce behaviour on those autocomplete fields to first check if this is do-able.

Are you yourself a developer, or if not are you working with one?

Last question, how long does it take to currently display the results on every keystroke you type?

Good to hear that.

I am a developer and currently it takes 15 seconds average. But it depends on which plugins I have installed on it.
Some plugins made it even worse to make it up to 1 minute so I deleted those plugins.