Algolia logo still appears

Hi,

On my website lacompagniedescartes.fr, I still see the Algolia logo on the result page (ex. “We found 4 products matching “djibouti” in 1 ms with Algolia”), though I am on paid plan.
Ex. https://lacompagniedescartes.fr/?s=djibouti&post_type=product

How can I remove the logo?

Regards,
Christian

Same with us - we tried a fix but it broke our site - waiting for a new update

Hi @christian,

To remove the powered by you should add the following to your wp-config.php file:

<?php
// [...]

define( 'ALGOLIA_POWERED_BY', true );

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */
// [...]

Please note there is no typo in the code, it is really true. We consider this as a bug though and it will be fixed in next release. So if at some points it comes back, please put the constant to false.

Let me know if that works,

2 Likes

So far, it works great! Thank you.

I added this to the bottom of mu wp-config.php and am getting a 500 error

<?php // [...] define( 'ALGOLIA_POWERED_BY', true ); /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ // [...]

@charlie this code snippet should be added above the /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ comment that is natively present.

If it isn’t then it has probably been removed by the hosting provider :wink:
In that case, I’d recommend you put it as first line to be sure you don’t add anything after the settings.php file inclusion of the config file.

Anyway, if you still keep getting problems, you should ask your hosting provider why you get an error after changing the file. Maybe they have some kind of security check in place.

Keep me posted on this, I’m really interested in what the issue ends up being.

Got it to work! Thank you

That’s great to hear!

Ray - I did the plug in update and the logo has re-appeared - please advise. I have this in my wp-config:
define( ‘ALGOLIA_POWERED_BY’, true );

Hey Charlie,

The previous configuration was misleading and we had to invert the condition.
You should now put false instead. Sorry about the inconvenience.

2 Likes