Algolia to retrieve data from my API

I just wonder if there any way that algolia can retrieve data from my api.

I think this would be an awesome feature to add to algolia. For instance, my web app runs API using graphql. I can construct any api endpoint with ease. Now, it would be great if algolia dashboard will provide an option where a user can pick any API and tell algolia how often to fetch data from there.

What do you think? Is such an option has already been implemented?

Hi @said.akh! Thanks for posting. This would be a very good feature to have someday, but as you can imagine the scope is quite large because every API is so different :slight_smile: What we see some people do for this type of automatic connection is use a service like Zapier. You can read more about a beta we have created that will let you index data through Zapier.

Let us know if you’d want to give it a try. On the pure GraphQL side, I’d recommend looking at the integration by Graphcool. Thanks!

Thanks!
Josh

Yes, Josh, APIs can be different, but as I said in the original post, I can construct any API that can be suitable for algolia to digest :slight_smile:

For instance, Algolia can set some requirements that an API should met in order to properly work with its services.

P.S. I do not use graphcool