Angular InstantSearch bootstrap failing to compile

I’m trying to bootstrap an Angular Instant Search project by following the documentation tutorial here: Getting started with Angular InstantSearch | Algolia

I’ve followed the steps to clone the git repo at GitHub - algolia/doc-code-samples: This repository holds the Algolia documentation big code samples like GeoSearch, Calendar... and have sucessfully ran npm install, however when I try to run the project ( npm start ), the build is failing to compile (see attached screenshot for examples of errors). It looks like it’s failing on some typescript declarations for a react project, but I’m not sure why those would even be relevant as I’m using Angular.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2022-09-27 at 3.35.59 PM|690x408

Welcome to the forum!

Our code samples repository contains a lot of examples, so it’s possible the wrong folder was active. I tested it out and these steps worked great:

git clone https://github.com/algolia/doc-code-samples/
cd doc-code-samples/angular-instantsearch/getting-started
yarn && yarn start
# Or, if you don't have yarn installed:
npm install . && npm run start

Happy to help further, let us know! Thanks!

@dkim We ran into a similar build error with InstantSearch. You may have better luck if you try the latest release since it includes a fix for this bug: I am using latest version of angular-instant search and this version of instant search is causing issue in application startup · Issue #5109 · algolia/instantsearch.js · GitHub

2 Likes