Error with shopify and algolia application

I am setting a shopify account and I getting the following error.

We’re sorry, but something went wrong.
If you are the application owner check the logs for more information.

This error shows every time the application gets loaded up in the shopify. this message started to appear after we added the API private and share keys. This error doesn’t appear for the two other stores, just that one store. I tired to delete the app and start over, but the same error keeps showing up after the api keys are inserted.

I’m sorry about this!

I think your issue was linked to Shopify theme_ids.
They’re now above the maximum number which is handled in our database by default (2,147,483,647).
I’ve changed the underlying data type to accept more, which should now be more than enough for some time (9,223,372,036,854,775,807).

I’ve deployed a fix for the issue.
You can see the Changelog here: https://community.algolia.com/shopify/changelog.html

You might have to reinstall the app once more, but I believe just reloading the page should work.
If this doesn’t fix the issue, please let me know!

Hi @agrasso! I’ve just noticed in my logs that you’re now facing another issue. Indeed, your store now has indexing jobs in the queue, but those are taking way longer than what we expect (more than 600s) to be processed.

This is surprising and I’m going to investigate.
I’ll let you know as soon as I have more information.

The problem is not just limited to this store, but to the other stores that we have as well. toolboxsupply.com. I tired to add a new sort, but it just saving forever.

Hi again @agrasso .
When I released yesterday night, I also released some performance improvements at the same time.
Those performance improvements have moved the load from our Shopify integration machines to the API machines, sometimes slowing down indexing a lot.
I’ve since then reverted this change (but left the theme_id fix).

Our API is asynchronous, meaning that every indexing operation is first added to a queue, and then processed after all the previous operations have been done.

When you change your sort orders, it changes the replicas setting of your index, which is an indexing operation.
In our app, when you save, we add this action, and then wait for it to be processed. Since our indexing was slowed down, waiting would seem to take forever for you. However, if you reload today, everything should be good now.

appears to be working now. Created another topic as a different issue now that came up. Angelo

1 Like