Exclude Products In Search

I’m trying to include products in search when the brand name is typed in and exclude products in which the brand name shows up in an attribute.

Example: REEF returns results with a form of the word such as “Ref” as in REFlective

I need to exclude REF, REFLECTIVE and show the brand REEF.

Hey Neil,

it’s difficult to give an exact answer without more context - would you like to only search within the brand attribute?

If so, you can configure which attributes can be searched in the “Searchable Attributes” section, under the “Ranking” tab in your index.

Here you can tell Algolia which attributes you would like to be made searchable, and in which order you consider each to be important. For example, if you list “brand” before “name”, records that have matches in the brand attribute will be considered more relevant than those in the bane attribute.

You can learn more about searchable attributes here: https://www.algolia.com/doc/guides/ranking/searchable-attributes/#searchable-attributes-overview

If I’ve misunderstood what you’re trying to achieve, please reply with more information and I’ll do what I can to get to the bottom of it!

1 Like

Aaron,
Thank you for the help! This seemed to have fixed the specific example I gave regarding the brand. I now seem to have a related to instant search in which the results include matching letters or a similar number or characters.

For example, the search term “Zoot” returns anything with “Zoo” or “oo”. I need it to return exact match results with ONLY the keyword or in this case, the brand’s products.