Extra words resulting in zero results

Hello!

I am a first time poster.

I work on a podcast product, and the shows are grouped by season. However, the title of each show does not include the word “season.”

I would like the user to be able to search by the title of the show, and find that result.

I would ALSO like the user to be able to search by the title of the show plus the season, and still find the same result.

However, when I type the word season I get zero results, even though the title is included.

For example, when I search for The Unexplainable Disappearance of Mars Patel, which is the complete title, I find that single record. This is good.

When I search for The Unexplainable Disappearance of Mars Patel Season 1, I get zero results. This is bad, as it gives the user the impression that the content doesn’t exist.

How can I adjust this without making every season a synonym of the title?

Note that I have tried to add season as an optional word, but that hasn’t changed anything.

Thank you,

Rena

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Have you tried configuring the “season” attribute as “searchable” in the “searchable attributes” configuration page in your dashboard ?

Best regards.

Hi Quentin,

Thank you for your response.

“Season” is not currently an attribute. We are discussing that for the future, but for now the word “season” is in the title.

Does that clarify?

Rena