Germany: City and County

At first I want to say, that I am new to Algolia, and the forum, so hello there!
I have just started with a simple project. Now I am having some problems distinguishing city and county values. As I live in Germany I tried searching for following address: “Metzstraße 5 München” or “Bäckergasse 2 Augsburg” (try it here).
Result:

{
“query”: “Metzstraße 5 München”,
“suggestion”: {
“name”: “Metzstraße 5”,
“administrative”: “Bayern”,
"county": “München”,
"city": “Oberbayern”,
“suburb”: “Bezirksteil Haidhausen Süd”,
“country”: “Deutschland”,
“countryCode”: “de”,
“type”: “address”,
“latlng”: {
“lat”: 48.1309,
“lng”: 11.5997
},
“postcode”: “81667”,
“postcodes”: [
“81667”,
“81669”
],
“highlight”: {
“name”: “Metzstraße 5”,
"city": “Oberbayern”,
“administrative”: “Bayern”,
“country”: “Deutschland”,
“suburb”: “Bezirksteil Haidhausen Süd”,
"county": “München”,
“postcode”: “81667”
},
“value”: “Metzstraße 5, Oberbayern, Bayern, Deutschland”
}
}

My problem with the result is that in some cities in Germany (I don’t know about other countries) county and city are swapped. Is this some error in the backlying data or do I do something wrong? (It seems to have something to do with the city being the county seat)

Thanks for your time reading this!

Cheers!

Hi @xilef.remmos, Welcome to the Algolia Community!

Unfortunately, addresses mainly come from our underlying data source, OpenStreetMap. OSM is a crowd sourced data platform and naturally, due to its crowd-sourced nature, there can be gaps in the data, as people may not have covered all areas as precisely as one might want it to be. This is not something we can easily fix as it requires to identify what is an incorrect address, where it should be located and then to manually open a proposal to add that feature in OpenStreetMap. This process is quite manual and very resource intensive, and not something we can bear the burden of alone. Thankfully, OpenStreetMap is a crowd-sourced platform, so if you think you have found an incorrect address, you can directly edit the data by following these steps. These changes will then be reflected in our next import of OSM data.