Getting compile problems after updating 'InstantSearch' in my podfile

Hello everyone,

I am getting following compile issue after updating the version of InstantSearch.

:2:9: note: in file included from :2:
#import “Headers/InstantSearchCore-Swift.h”
^
/Users/kaan548/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Delgado-cdpmclffbdxsflgaoquwrokfyoed/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/InstantSearchCore/InstantSearchCore.framework/Headers/InstantSearchCore-Swift.h:206:1: error: duplicate interface definition for class ‘AsyncOperation’
@interface AsyncOperation : NSOperation
^
/Users/kaan548/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Delgado-cdpmclffbdxsflgaoquwrokfyoed/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/InstantSearchClient/InstantSearchClient.framework/Headers/InstantSearchClient-Swift.h:426:12: note: previous definition is here
@interface AsyncOperation : NSOperation
^
:0: error: could not build Objective-C module ‘InstantSearchCore’

My pod file looks like this:

target 'Delgado' do
use_frameworks!
 pod 'Firebase/Database'
 pod 'Firebase/Storage'
 pod 'Firebase/Firestore'
 pod 'Firebase/Auth' 
 pod  'Firebase/Messaging'
 pod 'AZDropdownMenu'
 pod  'Firebase/Core'
 pod 'InstantSearch', '~> 5.0'
 pod 'OneSignal', '>= 2.11.2', '< 3.0'
 target 'OneSignalNotificationServiceExtension' do
 pod 'OneSignal', '>= 2.11.2', '< 3.0' 
 end
end

Anyone know what to do? I deleted my files within derived data couple of time but didn’t help. Thanks in advance!

Hello @kaan548,

If I see correctly, you are using Objective-C, and unfortunately InstantSearch v5 only supports Swift.

You could try to use versions 3 or 4, there’s legacy documentation that you could find here: getting started programmatic - getting started storyboard - getting started part 2 - API Ref. But as you can see, all the documentation is in Swift, and those InstantSearch versions have been deprecated.

Also note that the API Client fully supports Objective-C in case you want to use this one in order to use Algolia in your project.

Thanks!

Hi @guy.daher

I am not using Objective-C actually. I added

pod ‘InstantSearch’, ‘~> 5.0’

to my podfile. Build setting is set to Swift 5.0

Can you try going through this SO answer, see if it helps you? also you should try to run pod update as well

Thanks for the reply. I tried it but it didn’t solve the problem.
I commented out following class (which came in after pod installation):

open class AsyncOperation: Operation…

That solved the problem for the moment, even if it is not the best solution.