Google Custom Search Replacement

I currently use Google Custom Search and am switching over to Algolia. How can I port over all the data so that Algolia can utilize past searches to make strong recommendations?

I haven’t seen anything in the forums that talks about this.

Hi @bdechesare

I’m not sure I fully understand your question so I’ll answer in two parts :slight_smile: someone from Algolia might be more helpful.

As for transferring the data, you can check all the tutorials. You can do it through the dashboard, the API or some sdk for common CMS like wordpress, magento etc.

As for making strong recommandations, I don’t believe there is a way to import settings from Google CS. But Algolia is more powerful, you can configure the rankings as you wish :

Google CS also offer a function to override some query to link them to direct results. That’s now possible in Algolia through Query rules !

If that’s not enough to help you, feel free to put a more concrete case of what you’re trying to achieve.

Cheers :wink:

1 Like

Hi,

Pierre already answered it, but yes, there is no need to add your past search to build strong results. Algolia will be able the find the most relevant results from your data.

Have you already got everything indexed?