Help. Gone live, need to clear current searches down!

As above. We’ve migrated to live, and are now using a different URL. Searches are being directed to the development URL. How do we fix this?

Hi,

I assume you have URL indexed in your records. You will have to run a full reindex, in order to get the correct URL. You could also index URLs without the domain, so instead of http://www.example.com/about you would only index /about.

I would also advise you to use a different index prefix for dev/staging and production.

It all depends on your use case and data. Feel free to share more information if that doesn’t answer your question.

It’s a magento site with multiple store fronts so indexing without url is not an option.

How do I go about ‘initiating a full reindex’ ?? I have commented previously about your code exhausting all available resources on the server.

You can run the indexation via command line for instance, the related documentation can be found here:

This is what I want to do…

EMPTY_QUEUE=1 php -f /absolute/path/to/magento/shell/indexer.php – -reindex algolia_queue_runner

As I mentioned earlier, this is what fails every time due to using up all available memory.

Unless you’ve fixed it in the last month or so.