We’re currently using the Magento 2 AlgoliaSearch for instant search on our product listing page (category view page) and have noticed some oddities that are preventing products on the page from being shown/loaded.
We’ve enabled instant search and selected the
Replace Categories Page setting in order to let Algolia do it’s thing, insert the facet filters and such. When this is used we are told that there are no products (although products do show in the autocomplete search on the top toolbar).
There is a JS error in the console about there being no
.columns selector so we changed that to
.product-list which is a known element on the page to see if that made any difference, but that only removed the error and didn’t change any behavior.
When we unselected the
Replace Categories Page option to see if the facet filters were still applied, the products re-appeared and the original Magento filters were shown (as expected).
It’s worth noting that we have customised our Product listing page somewhat but have not removed any blocks or changed any CSS classes.
Happy to provide more information where necesarry!