Magento 2 not indexing full catalog for Algolia

Hello,
We’re having an issue with the partial index of products from our M2 store (2.1.6) to Algolia. Currently we have 6,242 products live but only 5,500 appear in our Indices overview in Algolia. Sometimes when we reindex this drops to 4,000 sporadically… Queue runner seems to be working fine, records are removed after completion and the _tmp table builds up in AG.

What could be causing us to be missing products?

We’ve doubled check all the products are live and meet the following criteria:

• Visible (catalog, search or both)
  • Enabled
  • Not deleted
  • In-stock (if you only want to show “in-stock” products)

At a glance it looks like certain manufacturers are missing from the index:
Products Visible in Algolia Search:

Products in Magento!?!?!?:

Index Process

Thanks in advance,
Ben

Hello Ben,

thanks for reaching out. Can I ask you what version of the extension do you use? We had an issue with some products not being retrieved from DB until version 1.0.9.

Can you make sure you’re on at least on 1.0.9? The best thing is to upgrade to the latest version - 1.1.0 for now.

Let me know how it goes.

1 Like

Hi Jan,
Thanks for getting back to me. Looks like we were using version 1.0.10 so I’ve upgraded this to 1.1.0…

I’ve also tweaked the settings for (from default):

• Max number of element per indexing job - 1000
  • Number of jobs to run each time the cron is run - 20

Our index now looks more complete!!! :slight_smile: - Are these settings likely to cause us any issues?

Thanks for your help.

That’s great to hear!
Those settings now will make your queue processing faster, but in the same time it’s more memory/time demanding.
If you server is OK with processing 20 x 1000 products on a single queue runner run, than everything is allright and you’ll benefit from faster queue processing.

1 Like

Brilliant, the server is a high spec for the store currently so that’s fine.

Thanks again for your help!

1 Like

progressiveparts - can you tell me how you generated those listings of products indexed by Algolia? I think I’m having the same issue as you, but don’t know how to look up what’s happening!