Magento 2 Records Disappearing from Index

We have an issue where records are slowly disappearing from our index on our Magento 2.2.9 store. We are using version 1.11.2 of the Algolia M2 extension.
I can’t see any reason why the records are being deleted. Are there any known issues with the extension or Magento 2 that cause records to be deleted unexpectedly?

Hi Richard.

I’m Olivier from the Magento team here at Algolia.

Are there any known issues with the extension or Magento 2 that cause records to be deleted unexpectedly?

No, there’s no known bug regarding deleted records, yet some other customers have had trouble indexing products if they don’t follow a few rules, such as availability.

If it’s not what happens to you, I’d recommend to isolate a product, try to index it through the SKU indexing form and see what’s the result.

Best regards,

Thanks for the answer. I did see this post on github regarding records being deleted when categories are updated within Magento. Are you aware of it? We’re using version 1.11.2 so perhaps this could be causing it?

Hi @richardmyers,

Yes, I would recommend updating to the latest version. We had an issue updating categories and product indexing. You can read more about this fix here in this Pull Request:

Let us know if you have any questions regarding updating to the latest version.

Best,

Betty