Magento Support for Multiple Currencies?

Hi,

On Magento EE 1.14.3.7, Algolia 1.13.0, we see our “Number of queued jobs” keeps climbing, never reduces. New products are never getting added to the index.

CRONS are setup and running…
*/5 * * * * /usr/bin/php /…pathto…/shell/indexer.php – -reindex algolia_queue_runner >/dev/null 2>&1
0 * * * * /usr/bin/php /…pathto…/shell/indexer.php – -reindex search_indexer_suggest >/dev/null 2>&1

Both execute manually ok. I have seen one error (out of countless manual runs):
/usr/bin/php /…pathto…/shell/indexer.php – -reindex algolia_queue_runner
PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getCode() on string in /…pathto…/app/code/core/Mage/Directory/Model/Currency.php on line 194

In Algolia admin, I see “Last build” getting updated (e.g. “9 minutes ago”). Yet, no new results/data updates exist in the index.

We have been using Algolia successfully for over a year. Not sure when this occurred, so it is difficult to track to any code changes, etc.

I upgraded to Algolia 1.14.0 on a test server, but it suffers the same issue.

Ideas?

I was able to track down the last successful sync, based on contents in the table: algoliasearch_queue

It was exactly at the date/time we added a new Magento store that uses a different currency (CAD instead of USD).

Is Algolia able to handle Magento installs that have more than one currency?

Should work.
We are running async index [1], which gives you a proper logfile for each cron task, this tends to capture those issues.