Make search results page match shopify collection page look & feel

Hi
I’ve installed the Shopify Algolia App and i need to make the search results page, match the look and feel of our shopify collections page. By default it looks very different.
I don’t necessarily want/to need instantsearch that updates the product results grid as I type. I’m happy for this to update only when the enter key is pressed if this makes a difference.

In an Algoila+Magento store we run, I understand the search results page is delivered by Magento, and Algolia simply provides the list of product ID’s to be populated, therefore the styling of the search results page is identical to the magento category pages. Is this possible on Shopify?

Hi,

Thanks for reaching us. I am Alex developer at Algolia working on the Shopify Integration. :slight_smile:

So I reach out some folks from the Magento team of Algolia to get more insight about your issue.
The first thing you have to know is that unlike Magento, the Shopify plugin does not provide any backend search that provide a list of product’s ID that are then populated on the default search page of Shopify.
Instead, we use instant search library that is injected into your front-end. So you’ll have to customize it using some native CSS to make it look like the Magento Shop.

Let me know if you have other questions,

Alex

Hi
Thanks for you email.
Can you please clarify how to do this.
So you’ll have to customize it using some native CSS to make it look like the Magento Shop.
Thanks

Hi,

We do provide two files, one for the autocomplete and one of the instant search page called “algolia_instant_search.css.hogan.liquid” and “algolia_autocomplete.css.hogan.liquid” which you can modify. I think this doc might be helpful.

Thanks,

Alex

1 Like

Hi Alex
Thanks,
A follow up question please. In my shopify algolia app configuration settings, there is no option to add a facet for named tags.

I’ve enabled this here:

I can confirm we have tags on our products in this format Wiring: Underwire
Can you please assist.
Thanks

EDIT: I’ve resolved this via https://www.algolia.com/apps/ dashboard admin panel

1 Like

Post handle through email support.

1 Like