Being a Marvel fan, I decided to use the power of Algolia to have a way to search into the whole list of Marvel superheroes. I extracted the list partly from the Wikipedia and partly from the Marvel API and built a json dataset from those two sources.
The hardest part was to get the data in an usable format. Data crawled from the Wikipedia includes a lot of unnecessary markup, and data taken from the Marvel API needs to be reconciliated with the Wikipedia. I also tried to take advantage of the awesome art available, to create a very visual search. You can click on the results to have more information about them.
Content is not automaticaly updated, but the scripts I used to do the scrapping are available on GitHub (as well as an extensive test suite.