Matching a string contained within a facet's value using React InstantSearch?

Hi, I’m using React InstantSearch. Is it possible to filter based on matching a string within a record’s faceted attribute?

In the example below, we are showing the user products that match their vehicle. We have an array of keys representing every combination to avoid having to build duplicate records (we would have to build one for each vehicle because “honda + accord + 2002” would still match even though it’s not desired because there is no 2002 honda accord model here, but the values are all in the same record).

[
  {
    id: 1,
    handle: 'product1',
    title: 'Product 1',
    rating: 5,
    requirements: {
      vehicle: [
        {
          make: 'honda',
          model: 'civic',
          year: [2002, 2003, 2004, 2005],
        },
        {
          make: 'honda',
          model: 'accord',
          year: [2006, 2007, 2008, 2009],
        },
      ],
    },
    fit_keys: [
      'honda_civic_2002',
      'honda_civic_2003',
      'honda_civic_2004',
      'honda_civic_2005',
      'honda_accord_2006',
      'honda_accord_2007',
      'honda_accord_2008',
      'honda_accord_2009',
    ],
  },
]

Doing it this way, we get a successful match when filtering fit_keys:honda_civic_2004.

However, I want to match for strings contained inside of honda_civic_2004, like “honda” and “civic”, which in my mind would match the 4 keys with those terms in it. This way we can see all records that match “honda” and “civic”, regardless of the year.

searchForFacetValues looks like the right direction, but it’s an API method and doesn’t seem to be available as a property on React InstantSearch’s <Configure /> component.

I’m not sure where to go next. Thoughts?