Missing Records and Inconsistent Results

I’m encountering some issues with the indexing and search functionality of Algolia, and I’m hoping to find a solution here.

Background: I’ve integrated Algolia into my website to provide fast and relevant search results for users. However, I’ve noticed some discrepancies in the search results and suspect that there might be issues with the indexing process.

Issue: The main problem I’m facing is that certain records seem to be missing from the search index, even though they exist in the database. When users search for specific keywords or phrases that should match these records, they’re not showing up in the search results at all.

Troubleshooting: Here are the steps I’ve taken so far to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Verified that all relevant data is being properly indexed and synced with Algolia.
  2. Checked for any errors or warnings in the indexing process logs.
  3. Reviewed the indexing settings and configurations to ensure they’re correctly configured.
  4. Manually re-indexed the data to see if it resolves the issue temporarily.

Observations: Despite these efforts, the problem persists, and users are still experiencing missing search results. Additionally, even for records that are present in the index, the relevance and ranking of search results seem inconsistent and sometimes unrelated to the query.

Request for Assistance: If anyone has encountered similar issues with Algolia indexing or has suggestions for further troubleshooting steps, I would greatly appreciate your insights. Moreover, if you want to download capcut for pc then visit this website https://capcutproapk.org/ Providing accurate and comprehensive search functionality is crucial for user experience on my website, and I’m eager to resolve these issues as soon as possible.

Thank you for your help and expertise!

@joeroot.pk80 when searching via the dashboard.algolia.com index page, are you getting the correct results there? It’s useful to use the dashboard first IMO to point us towards index/record issues or client side issues to begin with.

You do say “missing from the search index even though they exist in the database”, and maybe this should answer my question but I’m not quite sure. Are the expected records in the Algolia index? If yes, then when searching on the dashboard are the found as expected? If yes, then when you do the same search via your webpage, are you getting the same results? If no, then I would examine the difference between the queries being done using devtools/network and examine the query/payload.