- Can you please direct me to the actual steps to convert my demo UI into a link that I can point to or embed into my web page?
- Using your API in my wordpress site only allowed me to search within my posts for names and tags, etc…but I would want my index from algolia to be the primary database to use within my website. I hope that makes this question clearer.
- I also used your api settings in orchard and entered the keys manually, but it did not integrate with algolia indexes so it did not work for me. Maybe I did something wrong, but i did try the manual entry of the API keys per the install settings.
- To embed a search experience in your website, I would recommend you use one of our frontend UI libraries: https://www.algolia.com/doc/guides/search-ui/search-libraries/#overview.
This is also what is used inside the demo you see and is fairly straightforward to setup.
Let us know if you have issues setting it up.
- In general we do not recommend using Algolia as a primary database.
I’d love to hear more about what you are missing in the idea of using it at a database though.
I you are looking at indexing the raw pages HTML content, then Algolia definitely isn’t a good fit.
If it is to power the navigation of your website, then it is a good fit.
Please give me a bit more context, I’m a bit curious now
- The Orchard CMS integration is something maintained by the community. Could you open an issue here?: https://github.com/Lombiq/Orchard-Algolia-Search