Numeric filter with specific inclusions

Hi folks, I have a numeric menu to filter some a collection of blog posts by their timestamp, last 24 hours, last week, etc.

This works great. However, I’d like to include featured blog posts within the filter, regardless of when it was posted. Is that possible here or am I looking at creating my own widget with that logic?

If the featured blog posts would show up within the search results regardless, you could handle this via a custom ranking.

If you’re looking to promote featured content regardless of the timestamp, you’ll need a rule to do this within the index:

Otherwise, you’re right, you’ll need to do this as two queries and then combine the results yourself client side.

Thanks Chuck. Can I promote featured content based on the existence of a value in the index, or do I need to manually highlight featured content? I have an is featured boolean in my index.

You can always set “isFeatured” as a custom ranking attribute to boost it to the top of the results. But if you want to always guarantee they are shown, you’ll need to use one of the other strategies,

You can always set “isFeatured” as a custom ranking attribute to boost it to the top of the results.

hmmm, that doesn’t appear to work in the context of an applied date filter though.