Possible bug on Chrome Android erases everything in input

Hi,

I use Autocomplete.js. When running on Android Chrome, I get weird behavior. When I enter a search string, everything works fine until I hit a certain letter. Then everything in the search field is removed.

It varies which letter causes the glitch. Check out the video below for an example:

I am using the following versions:

"@algolia/autocomplete-js": "^1.2.2",
"@algolia/autocomplete-plugin-algolia-insights": "^1.2.2",
"@algolia/autocomplete-plugin-query-suggestions": "^1.2.2",
"@algolia/autocomplete-plugin-recent-searches": "^1.2.2",
"@algolia/autocomplete-theme-classic": "^1.2.2",
"algoliasearch": "^4.10.5",
"algoliasearch-helper": "^3.5.5",
"htm": "^3.1.0",
"instantsearch.css": "^7.4.5",
"instantsearch.js": "^4.28.0",

Example (as shown in the video): I enter “se” in the search field. As soon as I enter “k”, “se” is removed and “k” is the only thing appearing in the search field.

When I inspect the state-object with the onStateChange event of Autocomplete, I find the the prevState does contain the first letters while the current state only contains the new letter.

I am actually seeing the same behavior in this official autocomplete-js example: https://l7tzs.csb.app/ (which is linked from the “See live demo” button on the page Autocomplete | Building Search UI | Guide | Algolia Documentation

Here is a video where I demonstrate the bug on this specific sandbox example:

Hi @simon4

I just tested this on my Pixel and did not notice the same behaviour demonstrated in your video. I am unsure what setting you switched on (or off) though.