React Instant Search without a Search Bar

Hello,

I am going to try to be as clear as possible but this is a complicated issue. I am using the React Instant Search. I have a global search which is working and filtering my products. However, what I am trying to achieve is: I have multiple pages with different collections of products. When you access the page I only want the product available for that collection. EX:

Screen Shot  2020-12-05 at 12.12.15 PM

When I click on Hair I want to have all the Hair product collection. But I want to be able to use the refinement list on those products only. This is not using the global search . I need that when you click on the Hair tab it will render all the collection with Algolia and then let me filters those result with faceting. Is it possible to achieve this and if I am not clear enough sorry about that.

Thank you for your time.

HI @romainpenaruiz, if I understand correctly, you can filter the results when someone clicks on the ‘Hair’ tab, then you will only see results that are within that filter. The refinements will also only apply to those filtered products. You can learn more about filtering here.

Hello cindy,

Thank you for your response. Sorry I am not sure on how to implement this, is there a demo for that or an example I can see ? Thank you

HI @romainpenaruiz, I see that you are using the React instantsearch with Algolia. You can use the configure widget to filter as ‘filter’ is a search parameter. You can find an example of a filter here.

Hi @cindy.cullen,
Thank you, I will check this out.