Results not appearing when using Internet Explorer

Does Algolia support Internet explorer? we are having issues when viewing the search results do not appear when using this browser.

1 Like

Hi @webwise, Algolia has multiple JavaScript libraries (InstantSearch, Autocomplete.js …) and different integrations (wordpress, magento…).

Which one are you using, on which website did you encounter issues with Internet Explorer? We need more details to better help you. Thanks.

1 Like

for example here; http://www.fitz.com.au/?s=mark+lewin

Hi, I tried again and the website is working very fine for me. If you are able to reproduce this issue or if you get a more detailed error message (in your console). Send it back to me, thanks!

It will not let me upload screenshot - But basically when viewed in explorer - it is showing a blank page. ITs showing fine on other browsers. That link example above?

Also how can we determine what order the search results are showing initially - before search? Eg: http://www.fitz.com.au/?s=&hFR[post_type_label][0]=Advisers&is_v=1

Hi Vincent - I was wondering if you can pls get back to me pls: It will not let me upload screenshot - But basically when viewed in explorer - it is showing a blank page. ITs showing fine on other browsers. That link example above?

Also how can we determine what order the search results are showing initially - before search? Eg: http://www.fitz.com.au/?s=&hFR[post_type_label][0]=Advisers&is_v=1

1 Like

Hi, which version of Internet Explorer are you using? Thanks

1 Like

I am having the same issue.
We are working on our development side, so this is not public.
The search works in Chrome, Firefox, Edge, but not IE 11.1106.10586.0
for scripts we are using

Hi @lori.computerchic, can you send an email to support@algolia.com with more details? We will need a live environment to better help you. There are ways to publish a developer environment to a public ip. For example by using https://ngrok.com/

this works in Chrome, Edge, Firefox
but not in IE11

I am using laravel + vue + instantsearch and can confirm that all I get is a blank page on ie. Edge and other browsers work, but for whatever reason in IE, everything that I wrapped with ais-index is completely removed from the site as soon as the instantsearch script loads.

@gsmecca Be sure to check for template literals in your code, which IE 11 does not support.

If you look at the test site provided by @lori.computerchic, template literals are used in app.js.

function getTemplate(templateName) {
    return document.querySelector(`#${templateName}-template`).innerHTML;
}

function getHeader(title) {
    return `<h5>${title}</h5>`;
}

I am just working directly off of the vue instantsearch tutorial located at

Just basic stuff really. I didn’t use any template literals in my testing, but I don’t know if instantsearch.js is using them somewhere? I’ve only recently started learning front end development, so forgive me.

The demo located in the tutorial does not load in IE either

This post has been stagnant for a while, so I’m sure OP has moved on. But for those that come across this post, like myself, I figured out how to get Results to appear in IE, specifically IE11.

Referencing this bit of the Vue InstantSearch docs:

I tried out a similar solution that utilizes Vue’s inline-template attribute, as this doesn’t use <template>; which seems is the cause for this to not work in IE.

So something like this:

<ais-results inline-template>
  <div>
     <div v-for="result in results" :key="result.objectID">
      <h3>{{ result.title }}</h3>
    </div>
  </div>
</ais-results>

Note that this required the extra parent <div> that wraps the <div v-for="result in results" :key="result.objectID"> element. It didn’t work without it. Much like a .vue file, a component’s template needs to have a singular element at its top level.

Now if you pull this up in IE, you’ll get errors in your console, that probably say something like

object doesn’t support property or method ‘assign’

So add a Polyfill for Object.assign(). I got one from the one I used from MDN Web Docs here:

Hopefully this will get it working for you. It did for me, but I know all problems are unique.

Our QA team have spotted (a different?) IE 11 issue

// node_modules/instantsearch.js/es/components/Slider/Pit.js
Object doesn't support property or method 'includes'

We’ll add a polyfill, but just highlighting it