Security, multiple index

I have two index, and I would like some queries to search only one, and other queries to search both, as if they were a single index.
Reading through the documentation, I suspect that this is possible with two different apiKeys, but I do not see any way to activate two apiKeys through the dashboard. Is this a limitation of the free trial plan I am currently using for test and exploration?
Would you suggest an alternative to the two index solution?

Thanks
Henri

Thanks
Henri

Hello Henri,

Thank you for contacting us. It is actually possible to generate new API keys via the Dashboard, on the “All API Keys” tab or via any of our API clients. Once you have generated them, you can safely use them to access your indices. I’d recommend to generate one key restricted to your first index and another one which has access to both indices (or you can use your main Search API Key here).

Regarding your question about being able to search into multiple indices at the same time, this is possible using the multipleQueries of our API clients. However, note that the results aren’t merged according on relevancy but rather on the order of your queries.

I hope it answers your question. :slight_smile: