Shopify app not displaying all named tags in Inactive Facets list

We have a number of named tags that we can see in our Algolia indexes, however, the Shopify app doesn’t appear to be displaying these in the Inactive Facets lists, so we can add them as Facets onto the Collections or Instant Search results page.

Also, we seem to have quite a number of named tags in the Inactive Facets list that no longer exist/have been deleted from our products, so we’re not sure why these are still appearing in the list. We recently re-indexed and they’re still not disappearing.

Seems to be some inconsistent behaviour with the sync the app is doing.

Has anyone else encountered this issue with the Algolia app and how did you go about solving it?

Thank you!
LJ

Hi @ljubomir.ceranic

I spoke with the Shopify integration team about this. They say this often happens if you have a large number of facets. By default, we cap the limit at 50 by default in the Shopify app. If you need more facets, you can open a ticket with Algolia support and they should be able to raise this limit. Make sure to include you shopify store ID.

Then a reindex should take care of both issues. If you still see deleted facets after doing the above, it means you still have some of those named tags lingering in the index somewhere.

Thanks @chuck.meyer ! I’ll try a re-index. I can’t see the named tags in our index, so hopefully a full reindex will clear these up. If not, I’ll raise a case with the Shopify integration team.

And thank you, the Shopify integration team did increase the limit for us a few days ago.

1 Like

I have solution of your problem. Follow the following steps to solve out it:

1. Open the specific product, transfer, customer, blog post, order, or draft order details page in Shopify.
  2. In the Tags section, enter the name of a tag you want to add, or select it from the list of existing tags. …
  3. Click Save.
    You can also check Pinterest Video downloader here.