Shopify - CSS Selector Help

Hello, can anyone point to some useful documentation or help me find the right CSS Selector? I’ve tried everything I can think of and can’t get it to work.

Here’s an example of a search results page where I’m trying to implement Algolia.

Hey there,

Could you please provide a bit more context about what you’re trying to achieve? What is the CSS selector you’re looking for, and for what purpose?

All I want to do is have filtered results on the search page I linked to. I’m somewhat technical, but not a front-end developer, and I’m not sure exactly what I’m looking for.

Hi @cody1, I’ve looked at the code on your page and I believe the css selector you want is main_content:

Hi Cindy–thank you for the response. I tried main_content and my search results look the same. The only difference is that the screen kind of bounces up and down really fast now when I try to scroll all the way to the bottom.

Hi @cody1
I believe the CSS selector should be “.main_content” since that’s the CSS class of the element which is available on your search results page.
If it doesn’t work, can you please share a preview link of a theme which has all the files from Algolia available?

I currently have Algolia enable on the main, published website–https://bigboytruckstuff.com/pages/product-result?rq=yr_2017~mk_ford~md_f-350~mx_6-7l-diesel

Here are my CSS settings:

Hi @cody1,
I can’t find any Algolia related files on the main theme (“Theme799”).
Can you please share a preview link for a theme where Algolia has been installed?