Sort WooCommerce products by menu order

How can I sort my products by the menu order assigned to each product on the product > Advanced tab? My products all have an assigned menu order value, but when I go to Algolia.com > Browse they all say menu_order:0.

I’m using Search by Algolia – Instant & Relevant results plugin. I’ve seen reference to a different plugin Algolia for WooCommerce, but don’t know where to get it.

Hi,

I cannot reproduce this issue, my menu_order value is correct in Algolia’s index.

Are you able to edit a file of the plugin to troubleshoot the issue?
Please replace line 136 of algoliasearch-wordpress/includes/indices/class-algolia-posts-index.php with:

$shared_attributes['menu_order'] = $post->menu_order;

It could be that the value is altered for some reason and cannot be casted to an integer.

About the Woocommerce plugin, it’s still in private beta but if you want to give it a try, you can email me at julien.bourdeau@algolia.com and I will send you the plugin :slight_smile:

Julien

That didn’t help. I edited the file and then re-indexed the products. See attached screenshots showing what I’m talking about.

I tried again with searchable_posts but I still cannot reproduce this issue. Would you mind emailing me so I can send you the woocommerce module, see if that fix your issue?

What is your email address?

You can email me at julien.bourdeau@algolia.com

I got the plugin, saved settings and re-indexed my products, but the menu_order value in Algolia still shows “0” for all products.

Maybe there is another way to accomplish my goal. Everything we sell involves elves, so most of the page/post/product titles include the word “elf”. But the primary product is the “magic elves” and when someone starts typing in the search bar, I want the magic elves category page to be ranked first, with 6-inch pocket elves category page ranked second and 36-inch giant elves category page ranked third.

How can I do that? I have also setup synonyms for “elf, elves, doll” so any of those words should bring up the results described above.

If you haven’t already, you can see the search at https://www.elf-magic.com