Sorting items in collection in Shopify

Hi,

Is there a method for sorting items in a collection using the Shopify collection manual sort order using Algolia Shopify collection?

Hey James,

Thanks for reaching us ! I am Alex developer at Algolia, working on the Shopify Integration. :slight_smile:

I am not sure to fully understand your question, the sort order is already a method to sort the items.
All the sort orders indices that you created in our application is available for both the product search but also collection product pages (/collection/my-custom-collection). You just have to click at the top right corner, and select with which criteria you want it to be displayed : per popularity etc …

Those indices (e.g shopify_products_recently_ordered_count_desc) are replicas of the main indices shopify_products, I believe you can through the dashboard change the ranking formula or searchable attributes. This will work for both product search page and collection search page.

Does that answer your questions ?

Thanks,

Alex

Hi Alexandre,

I think James was meaning to ask whether it is possible to sort the collection results manually using the Shopify manual sort order feature.

Shopify Sort Order

45 PM

Algolia Sort Orders

16 AM

Result

Hi @kinson,

Ok, definitely make sense now. So actually this is not possible through the Shopify manual sort order feature however, you can use Algolia’s query rules to implement your ranking strategy. I recommend you have a look at those two topics to implement query rules on collection :

Let me know if you have other questions!

Alex