Unable to update Algolia to 1.11.0 with Magento Connect

Hello. I’m having a quirky issue with algolia updates. I successfully upgraded from 1.8 to 1.10, but there’s 1.11 available. When I try updating I get a version number can’t be found error on magento connects output. Please see image below. Thanks in advance for any help.

Hello @majesty1418,

thanks for the report. Do you upgrade directly via Magento connect key?

Hello @majesty1418,

I just tried to upgrade via Magento Connect and indeed there is some kind of error. It looks like there is an issue on side of Magento. I’ll investigate further.

In a meanwhile, could you install the 1.11.0 version directly from the TGZ package included in the release?
I checked and it work OK.

Thanks for the link! Due to the customizations done to Algolia, we have to have a developer install it. I’ll forward it to him and I’ll update you. Thanks again for your time. :slight_smile:

No problem Hector!
For the future modifications try to take a look on the extension’s custom events - Frontend, Backend.
By using those you’ll be able to modify the extension without touching it’s source code and updates will be much smoother.

Let me know how it goes and if you’re able to do all the modifications by using those events.