Using Distinct/De-dupe with fields >10k

Hello I’m new to Algolia, and am interested in making it work for a solution I’m building out.

I have some fields that contain >10k in them and would like to search against them. So reading the docs - I could split them up and group them - Which I have done. So as an example I now have a simple schema with 2 records with a field called CREF (Which is distinct and used in grouping) and NOTES which contains the data to search against.

So using the example data below and algoiia dashboard - If I search for Donald I get 1 record - if I search for Brexit I get 1 record (the second piece) - I have turned on the advanced option and If I do a search for +Donald +Brexit I get 0 records - but all I’m after is still the CREF of 1.
I’m not really interested in ranking just the results that the boolean search returns.
Am I missing something here? Could anybody point me in the right direction.? Is Algolia the right tool for the job? Any help appreciated.

Thanks for your help - sorry for the 1st long Q&A.

{
“CREF”: 1,
“NOTES”: “Donald Trump has stepped up his attacks on the US Federal Reserve by calling for the central bank to cut interest rates.\r\n\r\nThe US President claimed that the Fed has “really slowed us down” in terms of economic growth, adding that “there’s no inflation”.\r\n\r\nMr Trump made the comments as data showed a sharp rebound in new jobs growth during March.\r\n\r\nUS firms added 196,000 jobs last month, compared to 33,000 in February.\r\n\r\nMr Trump said: “I think they should drop rates and get rid of quantitative tightening. You would see a rocket ship.”\r\n\r\nThe Fed has raised interest rates four times since Jerome Powell took over as chairman in February last year.\r\n\r\nMr Powell was appointed by Mr Trump but the president has frequently criticised the Fed chairman for increasing rates.\r\n\r\nThe Wall Street Journal reported earlier this week that Mr Trump told Mr Powell in a recent phone call: “I guess I’m stuck with you.””,
“objectID”: “1350556702”,
“_distinctSeqID”: 0
}

AND

{
“CREF”: 1,
“NOTES”: “The government has not proposed any changes to the PM’s Brexit deal during cross-party talks, says shadow Brexit secretary Sir Keir Starmer.\r\n\r\nMeetings have been taking place between Tory and Labour politicians to find a proposal to put to the Commons before an emergency EU summit next week.\r\n\r\nBut Sir Keir said the government was not “countenancing any change” on the wording of the existing plan.\r\n\r\nA Downing Street spokesman said: “We have made serious proposals.”\r\n\r\nThe government was “prepared to pursue changes to the political declaration”, a plan for the future relationship with the EU, to “deliver a deal that is acceptable to both sides”, the spokesman said.\r\n\r\nSir Keir said the government’s approach was “disappointing”, and it would not consider any changes the “actual wording” of the political declaration. “Compromise requires change,” he said.\r\n\r\n"We want the talks to continue and we’ve written in those terms to the government, but we do need change if we’re going to compromise.”\r\n\r\nThe UK is currently due to leave the EU on 12 April and, as yet, no withdrawal deal has been approved by MPs.",
“objectID”: “1350556682”,
“_distinctSeqID”: 1
}