Yay! Great news, another step in Vue InstantSearch is taken, we have now released Vue InstantSearch v2.0.0-beta.1. This is the fourth prerelease version of Vue InstantSearch, and it gets closer to the real release version every day.
First of all, thanks to everyone who has tried out the alpha versions of Vue InstantSearch, it has helped us a lot in deciding what to prioritise and find things that had to be completed before being released.
Let’s think about it, what does a beta version really mean? Does it mean that nothing will ever change anymore, does it mean that everything is good, does it mean that it’s still very unstable? In my opinion it is none of those. The only reason that Vue InstantSearch today is released as a beta version is because it doesn’t yet have a nice way to use it in Server Side Rendering.
So what changed since the alpha versions? Some functionality has changed, and some things were renamed:
- search box slots are customisable
- search-box: clear-title -> reset-title
- menu-select: new item slot
- expose createURL wherever possible
- fix some documentation
- sort-by: accept label & value as documented
- rating-menu: add more slots
- pagination: add more slots
- infinite-hits: add load more slot
- state-results: new name for search-state
- routing: only accept the “object” form of
Read more in the pull request, and feel free to open an issue if you have any suggestions or questions!