WooCommerce 3.0 With Algolia Search

Hello. There’s been issues with indexing products now that we’ve updated WooCommerce to 3.0+.

We’re using Algolia Search for Woo 0.8 currently. Has there been an updated plugin that may work better with the new WooCommerce? The queue gets stuck for Products [posts_product].

Everything was working until recently and am hoping to reindex the site as soon as possible. We have the newest Search by Algolia 1.7 plugin installed

Thanks for any help.

+1 I am waiting to upgrade to Woocommerce 3.0, I will wait till Algolia team responds to this, I would like to be shure Algolia is ready for it.

I can confirm that for the most part it works as expected, but there could be a glitch and deprecation issues. Team Algolia would know better. Doesn’t hurt to wait a bit though. Woocommerce 3 isn’t world changing.

Hey everyone,

We haven’t been able to address WC3 compatibility yet, but any help from your side would be highly appreciated.

Do you get any errors?
Is there anything specific not working?
Did you manage to fix it?

I’ve got it working with WC3 with some additional management. Our issue only related to indexing products. Specifically, it would stall or stop indexing when it reached variable products. Setting all product_variations to private allowed the queue to proceed.

There are some deprecated WC theme issues still being resolved but this is the PHP Notice recieved:

visibility was called incorrectly. Product properties should not be accessed directly. Backtrace: do_action(‘admin_post_wp_async_algolia_process_queue’), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, call_user_func_array, WP_Async_Task->handle_postback, Algolia_Task_Queue_Loopback_Async->run_action, Algolia_Task_Queue->run, Algolia_Task_Dispatcher->dispatch, Algolia_Index->handle_task, Algolia_Index->re_index, Algolia_Posts_Index->should_index, Algolia_Posts_Index->should_index_post, apply_filters(‘algolia_should_index_post’), WP_Hook->apply_filters, call_user_func_array, aw_should_index_post, WC_Abstract_Legacy_Product->__get, wc_doing_it_wrong (This message was added in version 3.0.) in /wp-includes/functions.php on line 4138

I have an issue.
On https://lacompagniedescartes.ca and https://mapscompany.co.uk, I get a blank page when I hit “enter”.
And on lacompagniedescartes.ca, the autocomplete drop list does not overlap anymore the menu, so the first item is not clickable.

Wordpress 3.0.6

@christian Try increasing the z-index for your main .algolia-autocomplete span with CSS. That will fix it.

As for when you press “enter”, not sure, maybe a low memory issue, broken template/theme or site errors to debug. Test fewer plugins and see if it helps.

Unless I do something wrong, whatever the z-index value I set id does not change anything (cleared cache).
.algolia-autocomplete span {
z-index: 100;}
This is how it is currently on mapscompany.ca.

This is weird because for those 2 bugs, the only thing I updated was Algolia plugin.
I tried to deactivate some minor plugins, nothing changes. The last ones I can try to deactivate are quite major, such as Woocommerce :wink:

@christian You have to set a higher z-index than 100. Test it with something like 9999. It worked on your site for me. Your rule is not quite correct. Try something like this for now until it’s sorted out (since there is already a z-index of 100 set at the element inline):

span.algolia-autocomplete {
z-index: 9999 !important;

You could also lower z-index for the other elements on your page instead. Something lower than 100.

Not sure about the other issue, maybe someone associated with the plugins knows something. Look in any debug logs that you can. :slight_smile:

Hey @christian,

It looks like you managed to fix the blank page results.
I guess you re-indexed the searchable posts to solve it. Let me know if you did something else.

Regarding the overlapping, I’m working on a workaround right now.

Please bear with me.

@trplustr it worked, thanks!
@rayrutjes yes, the only thing I did was re-indexing the posts.
:slight_smile: Thanks a lot!