Woocommerce Plugin & Multiple Indexes

First off let me just say thanks for all the support and the great WP and Woo plugin.

I am trying out the Woocommerce beta plugin and I can easily see how this can change the way people browse and search for products on a eCommerce site.

I initially had some problems indexes the products due some “overhead” on my local WP install. This is because I am using using Valet which is NGINX. It is not as forgiving as Apache. Bascially it works for now on Apache but might not forever. The “overhead” issue on NGINX problem is due to some few deprecated functions in Woo 3+

Some errors here:

[19-Dec-2017 20:46:38 UTC] visibility was called incorrectly. Product properties should not be accessed directly. Backtrace: require(‘wp-admin/admin-ajax.php’), do_action(‘wp_ajax_algolia_re_index’), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, Algolia_Admin->re_index, Algolia_Index->re_index, Algolia_Posts_Index->should_index, Algolia_Posts_Index->should_index_post, apply_filters(‘algolia_should_index_post’), WP_Hook->apply_filters, aw_should_index_post, WC_Abstract_Legacy_Product->__get, wc_doing_it_wrong. This message was added in version 3.0.
[19-Dec-2017 20:46:38 UTC] The WC_Product::get_display_price function is deprecated since version 3.0. Replace with wc_get_price_to_display.
[19-Dec-2017 20:46:38 UTC] The WC_Product::get_dimensions argument is deprecated since version 3.0. By default, get_dimensions has an argument set to true so that HTML is returned. This is to support the legacy version of the method. To get HTML dimensions, instead use wc_format_dimensions() function. Pass false to this method to return an array of dimensions. This will be the new default behavior in future versions.

Please do not take above as anything else than information. I am well aware its beta and you are building this as a favour to us.

I am wondering if it is normal to have multiple Woo indices named a little different “post_date_desc”, “price_desc” etc. It might have been because of my NGINX issue?
Please see screenshot here: https://cl.ly/2E143u1F0d1P
I tried finding something on it to see if it was normal.

Thank you in advance
Philip

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words and the candid feedback.

Indeed, there are some breaking changes in WC3 that we properly need to address in the beta plugin.

I can definitely share with you an access to our repository if you are willing to help.

BTW I’m using Valet as well since few, so I can easily test out that setup in the near future :slight_smile: