Wordpress blogs in Magento results?

My boss’s entire reason for choosing algolia was because of it’s ability to index multiple sources of data. I’ve installed the Magento plugin and it works great. I’ve installed the wordpress plugin on our blog and it seems to work great.

What I’m struggling with is getting our wordpress blogs to show up in the search results on our magento site. Is there a built in way to do this, or am I going to have to hack the magento plugin to do it?

If I’m just missing documentation somewhere, I’d love to be pointed at it.

Thanks!
Joshua

Hello Joshua,

it’s totally doable.

We have a guide on how to integrate non-Magento’d data sources (like WordPress) into a Magento’s autocomplete menu. You can find it here: https://community.algolia.com/magento/doc/m1/external-autocomplete-source/

It is pretty straightforward, but if you’ll have any troubles implementing it, let me know. I’ll be happy to help.
Or if you have any feedback on the guide, let us know. We’re always happy to hear any kind of feedback and move our resources forward.

Just btw - We have it on our roadmap to implement out-of-the-box integration of WordPress to Magento’s dashboard, but currently we don’t have ETA for it as there are still small glitches we have to figure out.

Cheers,

Hey,

I was able to implement this and it works really well! My only real feedback would be that the terminology in the documentation wasn’t super clear. I had actually read that page before and didn’t really get what it was saying. Once you pointed out that that was how you got data from other indexes it clicked. I’m not sure that that is an issue with the documentation more than just MY learning curve and what not though :slight_smile:

I really appreciate your help!
Joshua

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback Joshua, that’s very valuable for me and I’ll definitely take it into account and will try to use more clear wording.

Thanks!