"Your account is not setup as vendor" Error while doing Re-index from Wordpress

Hello,

While performing Re-index search page records from wordpress admin panel, it is showing below error:
“Your account is not setup as vendor”

What can be the reason behind it and solution for this?

I have created new indices in algolia dashboard and I want to sync it with wordpress, so that I can get search result from that new indices too.

Thanks.

Hi @dipak.vyas,

I’ve never seen that error message before, could you make a screenshot?
Probably related to a third party plugin, this one maybe? https://www.wcvendors.com/help/topic/your-account-is-not-setup-as-a-vendor-2/

Looking forward for the screenshot,

Hi,

I am attaching screenshot here:

Can you let us know which version of the plugin you are using?
Could you upgrade if you are not using the latest version and try again?

Hello,

We are using algoliya version : 2.3.0 in our website.
Do we need to upgrade it?

Thanks.

Yes, please upgrade to at least 2.7.0 as we fixed these conflicts: https://github.com/algolia/algoliasearch-wordpress/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md#270-2017-09-04

Let me know if it solves your use case :slight_smile:

We have tried to upgrade version of algolia to 2.7.0 in our website but still its throwing the same error. Is there any other solution available?

Can you please suggest us possible solutions asap so that we can start implementing it in our project.

Thanks.

Hey @dipak.vyas,

Unfortunately, there is not much we can do here.
The other plugin seems to aggressively output something in the response.
This is done even before we have a chance to intercept it apparently.

The only way to solve your issue would be to understand why the other plugin displays the message “your account is not setup as a vendor”.

Let us know how you manage to solve this.

You could try disabling the wcvendor plugin to check if that solves the issu to be sure,

Cheers,

Thank you for you suggestion, we tried it by disabling wcvendor plugin and its working after disabling it. but using “Re-index search page records” button is not syncing the newly created indices of algolia account in wordpress algolia plugin.

I have created new indices in algolia dashboard and I want to sync it
with wordpress, so that I can get search result from that new indices
too. Is there any othere way available for syncing the new indices?

Thanks.

If you manually created new indices, you need to make sure they expose the same attributes as the default ones provided by the plugin, otherwise the rendering will fail.

Here you can learn more about adding indices to the autocomplete dropdown: Using multiple indices on WordPress

It is not possible though to do the same on the results page.

I hope that helps,